Thursday, February 22, 2024

3.2 Pre-School Presentation - Hudson the Hedgehog book and puppet show

     Pre-schoolers have the best sense of humor when it comes down to read time or play time. They will blurt out random questions that they have from story time, or yell random things when they play with their friends. Today, I went to visit the pre-schoolers to read them a book I wrote for them and to present a puppet show for them that was about my book. Presenting my book and puppet show was very interesting. Seeing the kids faces light up with excitement was the best feeling ever.

    Although I was quite nervous about presenting my last minute puppet show, it did not turn out as bad as I thought. The kids loved the book and had many, many questions about it. "Why is there a hedgehog in your book? Hedgehogs don't go to school," some of the students asked. 

    After I read my book to them, I introduced them to Hudson the Hedgehog, Halee the Hedgehog, and Greta the Goat. Explaining their friendship, the students clapped and cheered that Hudson made friends. The students seemed so happy that the little lonely hedgehog finally made some friends.

    Once I was done with both of my presentations, I spoke with my classmates about their experiences with their presentations and how the students reacted. They seemed to react very similarly. Some drew pictures for them, others clapped and wanted them to stay and read another book. Seeing the pre-school students made my day.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 4.2: Field Experience/Reflection - Days 3-4

     Day 3:  April 2nd, the students picked up a bellwork sheet and a "word of the day" sheet off of the front desk and started wo...